Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Saddest run of my life.

I might as well get right to it...today on my run a dog ran out of its driveway to come say hi to me. He was so cute and white and scruffy. I loved him at first sight. Then...I saw this dog get run over by a car. :-(

Oh. My. Gosh...

I couldn't believe it. 

A car just so happened to be coming down the street when the dog was running out of its yard, and slammed on its breaks a split second too late. The poor pups leg was stuck under the front tire of the car...

I frantically banged on the lady's car window and was yelling at her to back up her car. 

When she did we saw that the doggy's fur had been all skinned off it's lower leg, there was blood everywhere, and he definitely couldn't use it. He limped back to his owner and laid down right at his feet. 

I ran over to the owner to ask if there was anything I could do to help...maybe go grab his phone or something, I wasn't sure what I could do but I felt soooo sad for the dog and the owner. The owner said the dog seemed fine (like in no danger of dying or anything, phew!) but he thought it had a broken leg. He was going to take it to the vet. He kept saying "I should've closed the gate". 

The rest of my run my heart felt super heavy. 

I thought of Zoe and how I would feel if anything ever happened to my lovable, big black pup. uhh I don't even like to think about. 

Well white scruffy dog, I hope you're doing okay tonight, and that you got enough pain killers than you are sleeping peacefully by now!

And Zoe...you should listen very carefully when I tell you to stay on the sidewalk!

Good girl,  Zo :-)

...and folks, please train your pups :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment