Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Slump no more.

I hit a running slump for the past couple weeks.

And I beat it!

I spent the weekend reading a ton of stuff about marathons...training tips, gear, injury avoidance, how to fuel, blogs of other first timers like me, and did some major reflecting.

I spent a lot of time this weekend talking to my friend Kelly, who ran her first marathon in Hawaii when she was 13...yes I said 13 YEARS OLD! Can you believe it?! That is amzaing.

Anyway, she has  been running marathons ever since and in 4 weeks this 40-something is running Boston...her lifelong goal. Just last Thursday she ran 20 miles to prepare...which was a whopping three hour tour for her (did I mention it's winter...and she does all of her runs outside...and she lives in Cascade where it's freezing!?) She is the bomb.

And my spirit is renewed!

This is something I totally want to do. And I was letting my busy schedule get in the way and not making running a priority. While some days it totally sucks to have to lace up the old shoes and go run, I would definitely rather do that then run through 4 hours of pure torture come race day. So I am a newly-motivated-meg for now...and for good.

Here is my training schedule for the week:

Monday: 30 min. cross train
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: 4 miles. Post run: hip strength routine
Thursday: 6 miles. Post run: back strength routine
Friday: 30 min. cross train (I am thinking I'll hit the pool this day)
Saturday: Same as Wednesday
Sunday: 8 miles. Post run: Back strength routine
...and I mix hot yoga in when I can make a class with my crazy schedule. Did I mention I LOVE hot yoga?...it rocks.

:-)

Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh Megan you're doing so good! Keep up the good work girl!

    ReplyDelete