Tuesday, May 17, 2011

LOVE.

Half marathon #1 is done and in the books...and let me just say, I. LOVED. IT.

It was the perfect length...just long enough that I felt super challenged, but not too long that I doubted I would finish.

For this particular 13.1 I had two goals: 1) Run the entire race (meaning no walking EVER), and 2) break two hours.
Goal #1 I completed with ease, the longest run of my life thus far and I could do it. I never even wanted to walk. (That's a lie...about mile 11 I was kinda hating life, but I knew I could finish).
As for goal #2...I ran 2:00.59...can you freaking believe that? I was 59 seconds over my goal time! GRRRRR...avoiding the numerous snot rockets I launched during that race would've let me go under two hours...ha! Oh well, Next time will be well under 2 hours, you can count on that.

And I definitely see many more half marathons in my future...but after running 13.1 and realizing I'll have to do twice that IN A ROW this summer...well...this just might be the only marathon I ever do. 26.2 is a long freakin way...just sayin'.

About two and a half months until my first 26.2...lots of work to do...but still totally looking forward to it. :-)

M.

1 comment: