Monday, January 31, 2011

26.2

I made a list!

On it are tons of different things I want to do, go see, learn, etc.

One item in particular is to run a marathon...and hopefully eventually run lots of 'em.

I was a sprinter in college, though I like to run long distances. (Ha did I say run? I call it running, my boyfriend says 9 minute miles is more like jogging, but I beg to differ!)

July 31st I am running my first full marathon in good ol' San Francisco-my favorite city in the whole wide world. One day I will live there, even if just for a little while. That, too, is an item on my list.

I have been "officially" training for a week now, and yesterday I ran 11.5 miles. Not too shabby for these retired sprinter legs.

 Today I feel like I have the knees of an 80 year old.

I'll publish my list in the days to come. My goal is to do at least 100 of these things in the next 1000 days.

"100 in 1000" has a nice ring to it!

...and now 99 to go. :-)

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment